The conclusion of a marriage contract
Legislative and regulatory references :
- Chapters 15 and 32 to 39 of Law No. 3 of 1957 of August 1, 1957 related to the organizing of the civil status as it was completed and revised with the subsequent texts.
- The order dated on August 13, 1956 related to the issuance of the Personal Status Code, as it was completed and revised in the subsequent texts.
- The basic laws on active wires, customs agents, the national army, and diplomatic agents.
Conditions for having the service :
- Provides all legal conditions for men and women to be able to marry (reaching the legal age of -18 years or a court license otherwise).
- Couple satisfaction
- They are free from legal impediments by the testimony of two witnesses of trust people.
- Labelling the wife's dowry
The required documents :
Submit a file containing the following documents:
- Birth certificate for both couples
- Medical certificate to complete the marriage
- A copy of the ID card or a valid passport proving the identity of both spouses
- Court permission for those under the legal age
- Written approval known to the guardian if he did not attend the contract-signing ceremony, in cases where one or both spouses has not reached the legal age.
- Death certificate of the husband or the wife for the widows
- Birth certificate in which divorce is declared( for the divorced man or woman)
- Power of attorney to conclude the marriage contract, if necessary
- A license from the administration for those belonging to the Internal Security Forces (National Police, National Guard agents), civil protection agents, customs officers, the military, and diplomatic sector.
- Certificate from the consulate or embassy regarding the possibility of concluding a marriage contract for foreigners.
- A certificate in embracing the Islamic religion for non-Muslims wishing to marry a Tunisian Muslim woman.
- Certificate of non-affiliation with any marital relationship for foreigners
- showing the ID card of the two witnesses( with importance of legal requirements’ availability for both witnesses)
- Complete and sign the document choosing the Property subscription system or not between spouses (optional)
Filing placement :
Civil Status service in the municipality or the municipal department-
Placement of having the service :
-Civil Status service in the municipality or the municipal department
• The concerned parties (the spouses or their representatives by virtue of a power of attorney) must:
- Submit a request to the civil status officer
- Submit the necessary documents
- Set a date for the marriage
- Both witnesses and the civil status officer, in addition to the spouses, sign the marriage contract